A temporary disability insurance is also known as an (STD) or a short term disability insurance. This type of policy is ideal for people who need insurance coverage for a limited time period only. People who are not able to work for a specified and limited time will be able to take advantage of this type of insurance because it will definitely cover a portion of your day’s wage until you have fully recuperated from the injury. Nonetheless, this type of insurance usually has a deadline for a person to be compensated or covered by the policy. Any day that goes beyond the deadline will not be covered 100%.
Anyone who has been impaired due to an accident can apply for a temporary disability insurance. However, this person must understand that his or her situation will be further evaluated by medical doctors and determine if the individual is qualified for the said policy. There are certain requirements you need to prepare if you want to apply for this policy. Please refer to the bullet points below:
- Your social security number
- Original copy of your birth certificate
- Doctor’s medical certificate
- Proof of medication needs
- Medical records
- Laboratory test results
- Your place of employment
- Original and copies of your W2 forms
- Federal tax return records for the past two years
Note: It is important that you have all of the said requirements if you want to be qualified for the insurance plan.
When you already have the following requirements for your temporary disability insurance application, you can now follow the instructions for filing the claim below:
This type of insurance can be a big help, especially during the times you cannot work efficiently because of an injury or a health disorder. Despite the fact that a temporary disability insurance will not give you back 100% of your daily earnings, the money you get in return from the claim is more than enough to cover your important dues and other expenditures. It will surely prevent you from going through a sure financial crisis, because not a single penny will not come in, if you are not protected by an insurance that will cover you, while you cannot work.
To file for the benefits of the temporary disability insurance, please refer to the following information below:
- Get in touch with the hr department in your own state and also arrange a scheduled appointment with a social services case staff member. It is possible to arrange this scheduled appointment by giving a call to the primary contact number for the human services department and requesting to consult with somebody who deals with the case staff member prearranged appointments . The majority of case staff members are usually in demand, and their daily activities are conserved a long way ahead of time, so do not be astounded if you need to hold on 3 weeks to 1 month before taking a scheduled appointment.
- Once you are already in your scheduled appointment, and speaking with a staff in your state’s HR department, you can now tackle the details of your eligibility. The HR staff member will elaborate the details of the eligibility requirements of the temporary disability insurance and you can also ask further questions if there are some information that comes unclear. You will have to bring every requirement specified above, so that the HR staff member will be able to assess your eligibility without delays.
- You will also have to complete the necessary forms for your application. This will only happen if the HR staff member declares that you are qualified for a temporary disability insurance. The forms are readily available from the HR staff member. Therefore, you need not to obtain them anymore.
- Once you are done with all of the forms that need to be filled out, you will be asked to wait for a few weeks, depending on the usual procedure practiced within your state. You will get a detailed response for your application, which will indicate the approval of your application and a possible date for a meet up with the HR staff member again.
- The scheduled meet up with the case staff member will give you the details of how to claim your temporary disability insurance benefit as well as the rules you have to comply with, in order to go on with the process.
The temporary disability insurance is a limited coverage that you can take advantage of if you need financial assistance if you are not able to work for a while. You will be responsible for the filing of the benefit as well as the termination of the benefit in case you are already fit and fully functional to work again.